This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
We just got one more reason to be excited about spring! I know, I know, winter hasn’t even started yet. The holidays at the Disneyland Resort have yet to even arrive, but now there’s something to be excited about come spring: Pixar Fest at the Disneyland Resort! It’s going to be the biggest Pixar celebration ever to come to Disney Parks and will bring guests together to celebrate friendship and beyond beginning April 13, 2018!This limited time event will bring some of the beloved stories from Pixar Animation Studios
to life in new ways, at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks,, with characters and experiences from films such as Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story”, “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up.” Guests will join the fun as they experience so many new additions in both parks. A new fireworks spectacular – “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” will
celebrate Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky over Disneyland,
connecting guests with characters they’ve come to know and love. Along with dazzling
pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of
friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation. Guests are invited to embark on
an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their
adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships. “Together
Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty
Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and
the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over
Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear.Two favorite parades will return to the Resort, both with fresh new Pixar surprises – . For the first time, “Pixar Play Parade” will make its way through Disneyland Park this spring, and it’s being led by someone new. The parade will begin just as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by Pixar’s iconic lamp from the short film “Luxo Jr.” Other new parade elements will welcome characters from “Up” and “Inside Out.”Also on April 13, the guest-favorite “Paint the Night” parade returns, and this time the
parade’s 1.5 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes come to Disney California
Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters,
Inc.” and “Cars.” And another beloved Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” later in the
year, adding to this guest-favorite experience.
During PIxar Fest, guests can admire some new décor brought in for this limited time event. There will also be creatively themed food and beverage throughout the parks, as well as:
- Exclusive event merchandise – For those who wish to get into character and celebrate friendship, an exclusive Pixar Fest charm bracelet will be part of the merchandise selection. With multiple bracelet options and a variety of charms with fun friendship messages and Pixar characters, guests can mix and match for themselves, or friends and family.
- A collection of Pixar Shorts – Stop by the Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney California Adventure during most of Pixar Fest, to watch a collection of Pixar Shorts, including favorites such as “For the Birds” and “LAVA.” The short films will rotate during the celebration.
- A musical troupe– Guests will be entertained with Pixar-inspired performances in the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure.Opportunities to meet n’ greet Pixar characters – A celebration of friendship this big is only complete with beloved characters like Buzz, Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Mike and Sulley from “Monsters, Inc.,” Nemo and Dory from “Finding Nemo,” and Lighting McQueen and Mater from “Cars.” Those pals – and more – will be part of the fun at Pixar Fest.
Some exciting changes will be added to some of the existing attractions and entertainment in the parks that feature many favorite Pixar characters. Here’s what to expect:
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to
help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore
the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among
the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida
from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!”
nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions
plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to
score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters
from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story
through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride
through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with
guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- “World of Color”: Characters from “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E,” “Toy Story,” “Up”
and “a bug’s life” appear in this nighttime water spectacular which combines
animation, music, lights and color with more than 1,200 fountains.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to
move to the music.
Spring is looking to be an extra exciting time at the Disneyland Resort. For more information, please visit here.