This is not a sponsored post. I was invited to attend a media event, as a guest of Discovery Cube, in order to write this post. Some images are property of Discovery Cube. All opinions are 100% my own.
Discovery Cube Orange County invites families to step into the pages of Eric Carle’s colorful picture books by visiting The Very Eric Carle Exhibit. Eric Carle’s classic “Very” series, all illustrated in his hand-painted tissue paper collage technique, introduces five special insects who take journeys of discovery. Each story is a testament to Eric Carle’s’ love of nature, his respect for the emotional lives of children, and his recurring themes of friendship creativity, and the power of imagination.Eric Carle stories included in the exhibit are:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – a story about hope. You, like the little caterpillar, will grow up, unfold your wings, and fly off into the future.
- The Very Busy Spider -a story about work and how we need to work and finish our tasks despite our many distractions.
- The Very Quiet Cricket – a story about love. Crickets and people alike go in search of a suitable mate.
- The Very Lonely Firefly – a story about belonging. We all want to belong to a group, a family, and our own fellow creatures.
- The Very Clumsy Click Beetle – a story about persistence. Each of us faces some obstacles in life, but we need to try and try again until we overcome the challenges.
Interactive exhibit activities include:
- Create your own butterfly using light and color through shadow play
- Test your dexterity, strength and flexibility as you step through a giant, web-like structure
- Compose a night symphony
- Spin your own web on a large weaving wall
- Test your balance as you rummage across a pile of pebbles
- Crawl through tall blades of grass
The Very Eric Carle exhibit is designed for children 2 to 8 years of age, their families, and pre-school and school groups ages 2 to 8 years. Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy, Busy Exhibit was co-organized by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. The exhibit is included in the price of regular admission.For more information about the Very Eric Carle exhibit or to purchase tickets, go here.
About Discovery Cube
Discovery Cube inspires and educates young minds through engaging science-based programs and exhibits to create a meaningful impact on the communities they serve. Their mission is brought to life through the cornerstones of their four core initiatives, including: STEM Proficiency, Early Learning, Healthy Living and Environmental Stewardship. This exhibit represents their evolving commitment to expand STEM proficiency by keeping up with the trends, events and news that are capturing kids’ attention – and creating an entertaining way to approach education through a day of family bonding.