Braintastics, a unique new program for kids that fosters brain development in a fun-filled environment, has opened its first location at Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo. Based on a national movement dubbed S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Education, Arts and Math), the focus of Braintastics is to provide more science and technology exposure to kids to foster brain development and help with educational advancement.
Braintastics was created by Heidi Landraf, who through her own brain research in her Masters program and her experience within a classroom, saw a need for a program that gives kids the time and space to explore their curiosities. Heidi has partnered on Braintastics with Cheryl Beck, owner of Bold Girlz, also at Kaleidoscope, since Cheryl’s mission is focused on building self-esteem and empowerment.
Braintastics offers an environment for true brain development and cognitive growth while having fun in a setting that is inviting, stimulating, and exciting. Caine and Caine also suggest that a brain-compatible learning environment should go beyond rote memorization and rote memory thinking and processing. Braintastics allows children’s imagination and creativity to reach their full potential of self-expression.
Braintastics’ schedule includes daily workshops and weekly Summer Camps, including a Robotics class taught by James Reynolds, a Robotics teacher and advisor at Mater Dei. There are also a variety of Birthday Party packages available with themes including Braintastics Fun, Robotic Fun, Minecraft® Mania, and It’s All an Act, in which party-goers get to be the star of the show and produce their own video.
Braintastics is located on the upper level of Kaleidoscope at 27741 Crown Valley Pkwy, Ste. 315, in Mission Viejo. It’s open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, please call 949-348-1844 or click here. You can also visit Braintastics on Facebook!
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. Images and video property of Braintastics.
Union Market Mission Viejo has announced more than a dozen specialty retailers and restaurants who have begun construction at Kaleidoscope Center! It will open a 28,000 square foot space in early summer, featuring 20 independent retailers and chef-driven restaurants. This is such exciting news! Here’s a sneak peek of what’s been announced to join Union Market Mission Viejo so far:
- Portola Coffee, a specialty coffee bar that was recently honored as Roaster of the Year 2015
- Milk Box, a healthy, playful and premium brand bringing organic ingredients to milk teas, along with boba and desserts
- Hummus bowl, a fresh, organic hummus bar
- Oyu Shabu, a Japanese Shabu-Shabu that offers a fun hot pot (cook it yourself) dining style
- Poke Shack, offering a unique and interactive experience where guests will build their own meal with an array of fresh ingredients to suit their preference. Diners will watch the process as their bowl of rice, choice of protein, sauce, vegetable and condiment is prepared to order
- Kroft, featuring a farm to table menu and reinventing comfort food with fresh, local, organic, sustainable and seasonal ingredients (F.L.O.S.S.) with sandwiches and poutines (Canadian French specialty fries.)
- Central Bar, serving specialty craft cocktails and libations, using only fresh and local ingredients, and a wine bar featuring eclectic and small boutique wines. Central Bar will offer an educational and fun experience with monthly wine and spirit tastings
- Anchor Hitch – Seafood and Raw Bar, is a contemporary take on the traditional fare of a fish and oyster bar, focused on sustainable and fresh seafood
- Noodle Bar, traditional Vietnamese Pho with a modern build-your-own experience
- Youngstone Cheese Shop, featuring cheese plates, fondue, and build-your-own grilled cheese sandwiches
- Market 2 Plate, offering pasta and freshly made salads
- Bambu Earth, responsible and natural soap and skincare products
- Miel, women’s clothing and accessories
Other concepts soon to be announced include a bakery, olive oil bar, juice bar, a baby & children’s boutique, home décor, and a jeweler.
Union Market Mission Viejo will include indoor and outdoor dining with stunning views overlooking the city of Mission Viejo, as well as communal areas to dine, meet with friends, or relax over coffee.
Be sure to follow all the happenings at Kaleidoscope via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.