I was invited as a guest of Walt Disney World to attend this event. All opinions are my own.
If you’re a Disney lover (and who isn’t?), you are most likely familiar with the sea of emotions that come over you anytime you do something Disney related. Whether you’re watching a Disney film, reading a classic Disney book with a child, or even walking into one of the Disney theme parks, the emotions that come with the territory can sometimes overwhelm you. (in a good way, of course.)“Happily Ever After” is an 18-minute show that features more lasers, lights and projections than any other fireworks spectacular in the history of Magic Kingdom park! Park guests witness the many transformations of Cinderella Castle as it becomes a part of popular Disney stories—and is brought to life by awe-inspiring fireworks and rooftop pyro, state-of-the-art projections, brilliant lasers and immersive lighting and beautiful,contemporary versions of popular Disney songs.On our most recent family vacation to Walt Disney World Resort, our family was invited to attend the “Happily Ever After” Fireworks Dessert Party in Magic Kingdom. Upon arrival at Tomorrowland Terrace, my emotions were already at an all-time high! I was completely elated!
The Happily Ever After Dessert Party is specially ticketed event held nightly at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. From the moment you check in, you feel very “VIP”! You’re greeted by cast members who give you a special wristband to wear as event identification. (My daughter didn’t take hers off for 2 weeks!) Next, a cast member shows you around the party and shows you all of the delectable drinks and house-made desserts available to you as part of the experience. It’s all set up buffet style so it’s all you care to enjoy. A cast member shows you to your very own table, which is overlooking the water, with a great view of the Happily Ever After fireworks over Cinderella Castle.Here’s a brief video giving a glimpse into our experience:
There are a variety of beverage offerings at the party including:
and my very favorite: sparkling cider! It’s the perfect occasion to make a special toast to!When you’re ready for a snack, you’ll be giddy to see the magical spread of light bites and sweets to enjoy including:
- seasonal fresh fruit
- chocolate-dipped strawberries
- an ice cream sundae bar (it’s not just for kids)
- delectable cakes, tarts, mini cupcakes, and macarons
- Disney character-themed desserts (those were my favorite!)
There was a PhotoPass photographer at the event who snapped some family photos of us. You can access the photos on the app and if you’ve already added Memory Maker to your vacation package, you will already be able to download, save and share your photos from the party.Here are some tips and facts that you should know before you head to the dessert party.
- A separate park ticket is required for entry to Magic Kingdom Park.
- Reservations for the dessert party can be made up to 180 prior to your visit. To book your reservation, you can call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 or go here.
- I suggest arriving early to maximize your time enjoying the drinks and desserts, as well as take photos. Check-in time is 60 minutes prior to fireworks.
- Remember to bring a photo ID along, which is required to check in.
- Bring a light jacket with you.
- Fireworks are not guaranteed as part of the experience and may be changed and/or canceled due to inclement weather. Check the fireworks schedule when you arrive at Magic Kingdom Park.
For more information about the Happily Ever After Dessert party and to make your own reservation, please visit here. You can also find information about the latest happenings at Walt Disney World Resort by visiting https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/.
A very special “Thank You!” to Walt Disney World for hosting our family at the Happily Ever After Dessert Party.